QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
FACTS: Acrylics provide everything a house paint should have. But acrylics can’t correct surface defects. Those need repair.
ANALYSIS: The only real conclusion we can draw is that house paints don’t need to be able to correct surface defects.
Acrylics are a good house paint, and they can’t correct surface defects.
- The passage never said what causes cracked paint. Harsh weather is never mentioned, so we can’t rule it out.
- Nonsense. It’s true acrylics provide everything a house paint should have. But the author never said they’re the only paints that do this.
- The author never mentions painting over other types of paint. We have no idea if this is a good idea or not.
- CORRECT. Acrylics are good house paints, and they can’t repair surface defects. So it seems as though correcting surface defects is not a requirement for house paints. Otherwise acrylics wouldn’t make good house paints.
- The author never mentions paint color. We know absolutely nothing about this.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly