QUESTION TEXT: Physical education should teach people to pursue…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- Physical education should teach people to pursue healthy, active lifestyles.
- But the focus on competitive sports in schools causes non-competitive children to turn away from sport.
- These children then learn to think of themselves as unathletic and do not exercise enough to stay healthy.
ANALYSIS: It sounds like physical education sometimes causes people to become unathletic. This defeats the aim of physical education.
- CORRECT. This will help the non-competitive children learn to become active. That will help physical education fulfill its role.
- We don’t know if most students turn away from sports. We only know that some do.
- Who knows? We’re only told that non-competitive children don’t exercise regularly.
- Hard to say. We know that the mental aspect is important but we don’t know if it is as important as the physical aspect.
- Maybe? The whole stimulus is about physical education and how competition turns some children off sport. This seems off topic.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions