DISCUSSION: The author mentions that the court records are hard to analyze. They are in another language, and on parchment.
But that’s not the real difficulty. See lines 39-41. No one has cared enough to study women’s legal history. If people had cared enough, they would have pushed through the difficulties.
- CORRECT. No one cares, so no one studied it.
- No. See lines 39-41. Few were deterred by the linguistic difficulties.
- This was likely a side effect of commentators’ lack of interest. Lines 39-41 imply that lack of interest was the main cause.
- I don’t think this is even mentioned.
- This is a problem to be solved, but not the cause. Anyone with sufficient interest could learn Latin and get to work reading old parchments.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly