QUESTION TEXT: Tina: For centuries oceans and human eccentricity…
QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Tina argues that the linkage of oceans and human eccentricity is due to the European renaissance practice of using ships as asylums for the socially undesirable.
Sergio argues that oceans have been viewed as mysterious and unpredictable for quite a long time. Things that are mysterious and unpredictable are considered eccentric.
ANALYSIS: They disagree on two things. First, the cause of the linkage between oceans and eccentricity. Second, when we started making that link. Tina thinks it started during the renaissance. Sergio thinks the link is much older.
- Sergio didn’t say whether eccentric people were undesirable.
- Very tempting. But Tina might think that oceans were always mysterious and unpredictable yet disagree that mysterious and unpredictable were the same thing as human eccentricity.
- Sergio doesn’t express an opinion on this practice.
- Actually both of them seem to agree that both people and oceans were seen as eccentric.
- CORRECT. Sergio says yes. Tina thinks the link only happened during the renaissance.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply