QUESTION TEXT: Sociologist: Suggestions for improved efficiency that derive…
QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Strengthen
CONCLUSION: Employers’ ideas will be more easily accepted by employees if employers start a constructive dialogue that emphasizes how the employees have contributed to the development of such ideas.
REASONING: Employees tend to resent suggestions they did not generate.
ANALYSIS: The right answer (B) basically just repeats the conclusion. It says that the employees will actually do what the conclusion implied they would do. That kind of repetition happens sometimes on strengthen questions.
- Actually, the suggestions will be obviously directed at the employees in the new plan, too.
- CORRECT. This pretty much just restates the conclusion. It certainly supports it.
- The dialogue wasn’t the key point. That’s just a fancy word for conversation. The key point is emphasizing that the employees have helped develop the ideas.
- This is tempting, but we haven’t been told whether employees will also resent a dialogue aimed at convincing them they helped generate the ideas.
- This doesn’t help. The ideas are still the employers’. They’re just trying to persuade the employees that the employees created the ideas.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply