QUESTION TEXT: One thousand people in Denmark were questioned…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- Some people in Denmark were surveyed about their views on banning smoking ads.
- They had also been surveyed ten years prior. They were representative of the general population.
- Their views hadn’t changed much.
- 69% favor either a total ban or a ban in certain media.
- 24% are against.
- 7% have no opinion.
ANALYSIS: Most people want to ban ads either in whole or in part. (answer choice D)
You might point out that this survey sample wouldn’t include people who were children ten years ago and adults now. That’s correct, but the majority is so large (69%) that it should still hold up to this shift in sample size.
- Too broad. We only know that Danish people haven’t changed their mind on this particular issue.
- No group was asked whether the ban would set a “bad precedent.” This is unsupported.
- Danish people might be seriously concerned but also think that a ban would be an infringement of freedom of speech.
- CORRECT. 31% are unconditionally in favor. And 38% are in favor of a ban for certain media. That makes 69%, a large majority.
- We don’t know. The survey didn’t ask about cigarette smoking itself.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply