QUESTION TEXT: Current maps showing the North American where…
QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen – Exception
CONCLUSION: The new computerized maps of garden plant regions will be more useful.
REASONING: The other maps are sixty years old and were gathered from primitive weather stations. The new maps include several thousand computerized weather stations and input from home gardeners.
ANALYSIS: There are a lot of little facts mentioned. You need to pay attention to all of them.
“60 year old data” “home gardeners” “thousands of weather stations” “the maps will be useful”, etc. All of those show up in wrong answers.
- This shows that the input from home gardeners will actually be useful.
- CORRECT. This doesn’t really matter. There are thousands more weather stations.
- The new maps will certainly be able to draw on more information, so this strengthens the argument.
- The conclusion is that the maps will be useful in determining where plants will flourish. This helps that conclusion because it shows we are actually gathering the right type of data to make the maps useful.
- This shows that an update is important. The other maps are 60 years old.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply