QUESTION TEXT: Every moral theory developed in the Western…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- All moral theories in the Western tradition try to tell us what the good life is.
- But most people would think that anyone who actually follows the theories’ ideas is not living the good life.
ANALYSIS: This seems to say that people think saints are boring. Or something like that. People’s idea of the good life is different from the good life described in moral theories.
- We don’t know if this is true. It could be that most people instead don’t believe that the theories actually do describe the good life.
- Actually the stimulus shows us that the moral theories all have something in common: people think they don’t actually tell us how to live the good life.
- CORRECT. People do not see any of the theories as matching their idea of “the good life.”
- People seem to think that these theories do not describe the good life even when they are followed exactly.
- Maybe a theory outside of the Western tradition could describe the good life.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions