QUESTION TEXT: Raphaela: Forcing people to help others is…
QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Raphael thinks that redistributive taxation is wrong. We shouldn’t force anyone to help others.
Edward thinks that governments do have the right to tax how they want, but only as long as people can leave the country if they don’t like the country’s policies.
ANALYSIS: They disagree on whether governments ever have the right to redistribute resources through taxation.
- Even Edward would say such a policy is wrong if the government doesn’t let people leave.
- CORRECT. Edward says yes. Raphael says governments never have that right.
- Edward doesn’t express an opinion.
- Edward seems to agree that redistributive taxation forces people to help others. But he thinks that is ok as long as people can leave if they don’t like it.
- Edward says yes. Raphael doesn’t say when and if a government should permit emigration.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions