QUESTION TEXT: For newborns of age four to six…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
FACTS: 4-6 week old children can be comforted by the sound of their mothers’ voices, while the voices of others do nothing (assuming that mothers are the main caregivers)
ANALYSIS: This supports the idea that infants have formed a bond with their mothers.
They recognize their mother’s voice and realize that their mother will help them.
- Not quite. The babies might recognize the voices of other people. The problem is that the other voices don’t comfort the babies.
- Hard to say. At 4-6 weeks old the baby will have already recognized many things. We don’t know what the first thing they recognized was.
- CORRECT. Babies stop crying because they think their mother will come help them.
- Not necessarily. Someone else might help the baby. The baby won’t know that help is on the way, just by hearing the voice. But the baby might stop crying once they’ve been helped.
- Hard to say. Discomfort is probably best relieved by the mother actually helping her baby.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply