DISCUSSION: The main point of the passage is to discuss the history of the term “social group” and how it can be used to protect women.
- CORRECT. The whole passage discusses the history and usage of the term “social group”.
- What circumstances led to the creation of the Convention? We’re never told.
- Which document? And which terms? There’s only one interpretation of “social group” given: a broad interpretation. And there are multiple documents mentioned, so this answer choice hardly covers the entire passage.
- What is being disputed? We’re not told of any debate. And there’s no solution given to any problem. We already have a solution for how to protect women refugees: they can be classed as part of a social group.
- No! The passage seems to agree that it’s proper to interpret social group broadly.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions