QUESTION TEXT: Gene splicing can give rise to new…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- Gene splicing can create farm animals we don’t fully understand.
- We can use gene splicing to create animals with good genes.
- But the animals might also get bad genes. The bad genes would be subtle and we wouldn’t notice.
ANALYSIS: We can’t combine these facts. But they support the idea that there are pros and cons to gene splicing and we should be careful how we use it.
- This stimulus only supports the idea that at least some toxin production is genetically controlled.
- CORRECT. There are advantages to gene splicing, but there are also disadvantages. And it is hard to detect the disadvantages.
- Actually gene splicing is effective at producing new varieties of animals. It’s just that these varieties might come with side effects and unforeseen consequences.
- We only know that some varieties might develop cancer. This statement is way too strong.
- We have no idea. Maybe we’ll never overcome the unforeseen consequences of gene splicing.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions