QUESTION TEXT: Environmentalists who seek stricter governmental regulations controlling…
QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Parallel Reasoning
PRINCIPLE: Environmentalists shouldn’t be the little boy who cried wolf. If they make a mistake then people might not believe them when the situation actually becomes serious.
ANALYSIS: The principle is like the fable of the little boy who cried wolf. He lied and lied and then nobody believed him when the wolf actually came.
The principle is warning us to make sure our arguments are good now: otherwise people won’t listen to us in the future.
None of the wrong answers mention future decisions.
- CORRECT. This warns us that if we don’t present our facts straight now then people won’t listen to us in the future. The stimulus argued the same thing.
- This doesn’t warn about poor decisions in the future.
- This is a good argument, but it just tells us how to persuade. It doesn’t warn about future consequences.
- This is like C. It doesn’t warn us about future consequences.
- This does warn about the future. But it doesn’t warn about a future decision. Instead, it just argues that the future will be bad if we don’t take the right action now.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions