QUESTION TYPE: Principle Parallel Reasoning – Exception
PRINCIPLE: Drivers get worse when they are sleepy but often don’t realize it.
ANALYSIS: The two elements of the principle are:
1. An altered state.
2. Lack of awareness of the altered state.
- We have an altered physical state and poor awareness of it.
- CORRECT. Disliking arithmetic is not an altered physical state. And the teachers are presumably aware that they aren’t good at arithmetic.
- Noxious fumes can change our abilities even if we aren’t aware of it.
- It’s hard to tell how faint you are, even if everyone else can see your face is pale.
- This is another example where we may not be aware of our own state of mind.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions