DISCUSSION: The first paragraph tells us Abrams critique of sociologists, and introduces his ideal method: structuring.
- Abrams’ method isn’t evaluated in the first paragraph.
- We aren’t given much detail. We’re just told in general terms that individuals and society influence each other.
- This simply doesn’t happen. Which challenge is anticipated? There would have to be something like: “Now, some might object to this theory because…”
- Which terms are examined? This isn’t there. An example would be: “By society we mean ______, and this is the role it plays in influencing individuals…”
- CORRECT. We’re told that individuals and society both influence each other. That’s the essence of Abrams’ entire theory.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly