QUESTION TYPE: Identify The Conclusion
CONCLUSION: The trial was worthwhile even if the penalty won’t do much to affect the company’s behavior.
REASONING: We learned about the company’s practices. Now competitors and potential rivals know. This knowledge will force the company to be less unfair.
ANALYSIS: The main idea is that it was worthwhile to have a trial even though the penalty itself won’t have much of an impact.
- We don’t know if this is true. Maybe no one would have noticed the trial if there was no conviction. This certainly isn’t the conclusion.
- This is information that supports the conclusion that the trial was worthwhile.
- This is just information. The main conclusion is that the trial was worthwhile despite the fact that the penalty won’t have much impact.
- CORRECT. Yup. The trial was worthwhile because the information release will probably reduce the company’s unfair behavior.
- We don’t even know if this was true. The information release seems to have been the best part of the trial.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly