DISCUSSION: As with other specific detail questions, the passage literally answers this one. If you can’t find lines to support your answer, your answer is likely wrong.
- Chopin avoided romantic, sentimental language. See lines 32-37.
- Lines 38-40 contradict this: Chopin did not mythologize the past.
- CORRECT. Lines 32-37 describe Chopin’s detached narrative. She used the conventions of local color to accomplish this detachment.
- Lines 48-52 describe how Chopin’s stories avoided crisp plots.
- Lines 29-30 do say that Chopin used lonely protagonists. But the passage never says why Chopin does this.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions