DISCUSSION: Remember that the judge likes fingerprint analysis, while the second author is skeptical. But, the judge admits fingerprint analysis has some weaknesses.
- See lines 19-21. Though the judge likes fingerprint evidence, they admit that more consistent standards would be desirable.
- CORRECT. The judge thinks errors are rare (line 35). The author of passage B thinks that we don’t know the error rate (lines 59-62).
- The judge doesn’t think fingerprint identification is scientific law (lines 16-18). The author of passage B definitely doesn’t think fingerprint analysis is a science.
- Neither author says which method is better.
- Neither author is specific about how agencies regulate fingerprint matching.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly