DISCUSSION: The main point of the passage was to explain how the scholar researched Tucker’s life, and to justify those methods.
A must be true question must first be true, and then describe the whole passage. You can first eliminate any answers that are simply false.
- Not even true. This says that Tucker is important because of how the author researched him. Nonsense. Tucker is important for his contributions, not because of how the author researched him.
- CORRECT. This covers everything: the importance of Tucker, the author’s methods, and the end result – a new study. Of course, it would have been a better answer if it also described how the author argues his methods are appropriate.
- This only describes the second part of the first paragraph. It’s one of the reasons the author wanted to study Tucker.
- This mainly describes the third paragraph.
- Actually, the first paragraph says that historians had ignored Tucker entirely.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly