QUESTION TYPE: Parallel Reasoning
CONCLUSION: At least some halogen lamps are well crafted.
REASONING: Anything on display at Furniture Labyrinth is well crafted. Some halogen lamps are on display at Furniture labyrinth.
- Labyrinth display ➞ Well Crafted
- Labyrinth display SOME halogen lamps
ANALYSIS: This is a good argument. It gives one conditional statement, and then a “some” statement which connects with the sufficient condition of the conditional.
Anytime a “some” statement connects with a sufficient condition, you can make a new some statement. Here’s an example:
Cat ➞ Tail
Cat SOME Brown
Conclusion: Brown SOME Tail (i.e. some brown things have tails)
- This answer has a chance of storms. In the stimulus we knew that lamps were displayed.
- CORRECT. This is a good argument. It matches the structure of the stimulus exactly.Written by Melissa ➞ Disturbing
Written by Melissa SOME sonnets
Conclusion: Sonnets SOME Disturbing.
- This is a bad argument. Gianna can get her car worked on, but that doesn’t mean that she will. Also, car shops are capable of good work, but that doesn’t mean Gianna will inevitably receive good work.
- Maybe the lakes teem with healthy trout, but all the minnows are unhealthy. To be correct, this answer would have had to say that all fish in the nearby lakes are healthy.
- This is a good argument, but it doesn’t match the structure. The stimulus concluded that at least some lamps were well crafted. This answer concludes that all the cornmeal is healthful.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly