DISCUSSION: The key points of Dunham’s work are the following:
- Expertise in research and in dance
- Immersion in the culture she was studying
- Teaching what she learned to dancers in her own culture.
So you want an answer where someone uses their expertise to immerse themselves in a foreign culture and teach what their learned to their own culture.
The key is participation. None of the wrong answers mentions a researcher participating in what they study.
- Dunham actually danced the dances she was studying. This answer should have told us the French archaeologist learned to play the instruments she was researching.
- Same as A. This answer should have said the Australian researcher tried the plants she was researching.
- This answer says the techniques were used in both countries. Dunham studied techniques that weren’t present in her own country.
- CORRECT. Dunham participated in the dances she was studying, and introduced the techniques to America. Here, the teacher actually taught in order to learn the techniques, and he introduced them to Brazil. Everything fits.
- This answer has no participation. The clothing designer should have actually learned to design foreign clothes himself.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions