DISCUSSION: I was stuck on this question, because I forgot that it was a LEAST likely question. Make sure to double check question stems if you’re stuck.
For this type of question, if you’re stuck between two answers: remember that all the wrong answers can be eliminated by reference to the passage.
- This is very well supported. Abnormal prions are the ones that replicate and cause CJD (lines 30-40).
- CORRECT. Unfortunately, line 45 says that CJD is always fatal.
- Line 22 supports this. Prions lack nucleic acid, yet they still reproduce.
- Lines 40-42 support this. Our immune system doesn’t attack prions, and the passage doesn’t mention any other natural defenses.
- Lines 56-60 support this.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions