DISCUSSION: Dove does two things:
- She writes in two distinct genres, and
- Within those genres, she blends them together
So look for two disciplines, someone who works in both, and also combines them.
- “Disparate” world cuisines is generally more than two. In any case, none of Dove’s techniques were non-traditional. The only thing she did differently is that she blended traditional techniques together.
e.g. Dove’s work is more like the musical Hamilton. It is nontraditional in that it blends hip-hop with the genre of musicals, but both hip-hop and musicals are traditional techniques.
By contrast, this answer says that the chef is using “nontraditional cooking methods”. E.g. maybe they heat food on warm rocks or cook inside a shoe. I dunno.
- “Film studies” and “film director” are both roles within the same discipline.
- This is just an innovative use of theatre. “Actor” and “theatrical director” are two roles within the same discipline.
- CORRECT. Close enough. This doesn’t have someone in two disciplines, but it at least involves the mixing of two disciplines.
This would have been an even better answer had it said “Jazz songs with ballet elements” and “ballets that use jazz elements”.
- This is just modifying old material. There is no genre mixing.
Want advanced RC strategies? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Graeme shows how 170+ scorers do RC in real time. Satisfaction guaranteed!