QUESTION TEXT: Which one of the following principles, if…
QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Strengthen
CONCLUSION: The daisy should be introduced to cross-breed with the wildflower.
REASONING: The wildflower will soon become extinct. The cross-breed will be very different from the wildflower but at least this plans allows us to prevent total loss of the wildflower.
ANALYSIS: This is a reasonable argument. We need to make a value judgment to say that it is worthwhile to save the wildflower as a hybrid.
- The first part is good but the second isn’t. We actually are accepting a less valuable (or different) substitute for the organism.
- This sounds good except for the “vigorous” part. We don’t know if the hybrids will be more or less vigorous.
- CORRECT. The hybrid is the only way of preserving some of the wildflower. Otherwise, it will disappear completely.
- Only the wildflower risks being lost. The daisy will still be around.
- There won’t be any negative impacts for the daisy.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply