QUESTION TYPE: Necessary Assumption
CONCLUSION: The daisy should be introduced to cross-breed with the wildflower.
REASONING: The wildflower will soon become extinct. The cross-breed will be very different from the wildflower but at least this plans allows us to prevent total loss of the wildflower.
ANALYSIS: The goal is to keep the wildflower alive for a long time in its hybrid form. If the hybrid can’t reproduce(!) (answer choice D) then the hybrid and the wildflower will both soon die.
- Even if the wildflower can reproduce by another mechanism, it is still going extinct because it’s population is too small.
- This isn’t necessary, as long as the daisy can survive in the wildflower’s range.
- This isn’t necessary. We only need to know that the wildflower hybrid can survive within its current range.
- CORRECT. If the hybrids can’t reproduce, then both the wildflower and the hybrid will soon die out.
- We only need to know that the domesticated daisy can breed with the wildflower. It doesn’t have to breed with other daisies.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions