QUESTION TEXT: Studies have shown that, contrary to popular…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox – Exception
FACTS: Studies show that middle aged people fear death more than the elderly.
ANALYSIS: There isn’t much to say here: it all depends on the answer choices. Think about death and old age for a minute then take a look at them.
- The elderly have lived longer and have therefore come to accept death.
- This shows that middle aged people worry about how their dependents will support themselves if the middle aged person dies. So they have strong reason not to die.
- CORRECT. This doesn’t explain much. There’s no reason to believe that these middle-aged people will stop being depressed before they become elderly.
- Imperturbable means: someone who doesn’t get worried about much (including death.)
- This explains it. Apparently the elderly have forgotten they can die.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions