DISCUSSION: Make sure you know who this refers to. The third paragraph proposes neutrality.
- There would be no reason to object, as long as the study used neutrality when comparing values.
- This would be fine, as long as the study used neutral values.
- The people in the third paragraph like scientific, neutral values.
- CORRECT. Here we are using the values of one culture while studying another. That’s a no-no. We’re supposed to be neutral.
- There’s no problem here. Anthropology and Sociology are western, and semi-scientific. So there’s no clash of cultural values, and therefore no need for neutrality. Lines 28-29 say we only need to be neutral when there are cultural differences.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions