DISCUSSION: The first proposal is described as modest; it is the least radical. We should look at other cultures using our values. The second wants us to drop our values for neutrality. The third wants us to adopt foreign values, which is more extreme.
- This proposal may involve more speculation. If we’re using our values, we may have to guess how other cultures act and think.
- CORRECT. Proposal one requires no new values.
- This proposal involves the most “chauvinism”. We apply our values directly.
- The first approach uses several values (lines 13-14), but they’re all from the same cultural perspective: Western culture.
- Hard to say. Maybe other cultures are closer to neutrality than we are. No one ever makes this comparison.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions