DISCUSSION: The passage is organized as proposal, critique, proposal, critique.
The final paragraph also presents a third proposal: adopting foreign values. But the correct answer choice ignores this for some reason.
- This completely ignores the different methods proposed.
- This correctly says that there are objections, but nobody says we can’t effectively teach students about other cultures. The advocates just disagree on method.
- CORRECT. There are two proposals (education using liberal values, and education using neutral values), and two critiques (liberal education is biased, neutrality itself is biased).
- Revisions to the goal? The goal is always the same: teach about other cultures. The critics just disagree on the best method.
- The critics argued that the methods were wrong. But nobody argued that the goal (multicultural education) was impossible.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions