DISCUSSION: The third paragraph gives examples of Native American objects which could be seen as autobiographical. These examples reinforce the idea that Native Americans did make autobiographies.
- What traditional interpretations of the artifacts? None are given.
- What theory is being undermined? We’re not told if the scholars have any theory, and the passage isn’t arguing against anybody else.
- CORRECT. The argument is that Native Americans did do autobiographies.
- There’s no contrast. The third paragraph says “also”, so it’s saying the tattoos and teepee paint are similar modes of expression, not contrasting ones.
- Not even close. A paragraph matching this answer would list several times or places that a given autobiographical feature happened. Enumerate means to count or list things.
Example: We saw some of the autobiographical tattoos among tribes in Kentucky, and also in California, and also in Alaska, and also in New York State.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions