DISCUSSION: Bicultural means that the biographies came from two cultures. In this case, the Native Americans provided the stories and they were written by non-Natives in the Western autobiographical style.
- No. Westerners wrote the biographies, and they based them on their own traditions.
- Not at all. The contributions were different. Natives spoke, Westerners wrote.
- Lines 1-5 suggest that the Natives didn’t write anything. It sounds like Westerners recorded their oral stories. And the passage doesn’t say the sources are unknown.
- No. Natives did no writing. Westerners wrote the stories.
- CORRECT. Lines 1-4 say that Natives told their stories to non-Natives. The non-Natives wrote everything.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions