DISCUSSION: The main point must cover the whole passage: “scientists are wrong, wine might be good for us, here’s why.”
- This only covers the first paragraph.
- There is a new study of wine drinking, but it doesn’t say anything about the causes of heart disease. It just found that wine can help cure heart disease. And this answer ignores most of the passage.
- This is true, but it’s hardly the main point. It ignores the first and third paragraphs.
- This isn’t quite right. First, it ignores most of the passage. Second, we don’t know if people thought that only moderate wine consumption was good. Lines 7-9 just say wine was thought to be good for you; no amount was mentioned.
- CORRECT. The first paragraph is covered by the comparison to other alcohol (scientists had thought all alcohol was the same). The rest covers paragraphs 2 and 3.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions