DISCUSSION: This is a rare type of question. You should reread the section about the scholars, and see what the author seems to think of them. Lines 5-6 say that these scholars limited their outlook. The author doesn’t like their narrow view.
- CORRECT. This matches the author’s view that the scholars took too narrow a view in deciding what was Native American autobiography. They failed to address relevant factors.
- The scholars aren’t diverse. They seem to be firmly Western.
- If the scholars were inclusive then they would have considered traditional Native American forms of autobiography.
- These lines refers to Native American forms of autobiography. Their narratives were fragmented, but this doesn’t apply to the scholars.
- Native American autobiography is foreign to Europeans. The scholars themselves seem to be European/Western in outlook.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly