QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Roxanne argues that buying old ivory won’t increase the demand for new ivory.
Salvador argues that buying old ivory will increase the demand for new ivory. There isn’t enough old ivory, so some people buy new ivory instead.
ANALYSIS: They disagree on whether we should buy antique ivory.
- Neither of them talks about any other substances.
- CORRECT. Roxanne says yes. Salvador says that demand for new ivory would increase.
- Both of them agree we should try and protect elephants. They disagree how we should do so.
- Salvador might think that refusing to buy new ivory would help. But he thinks refusing to buy old ivory would help even more.
- Both of them agree about this. Roxanne thinks we should only buy ivory older than 75 years.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly