QUESTION TEXT: Technological progress makes economic growth and widespread…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
CONCLUSION: Technological progress tends to make workers less satisfied in their work.
REASONING: Technological progress makes workers’ skills less valuable. Workers’ satisfaction depends on believing that their skills are needed.
ANALYSIS: Technology reduces the need for workers’ skills. And they can only feel satisfied if their skills are needed. So technology will make workers less satisfied.
- Unhappy workers could still make good quality products, thanks to technology.
- Hard to say. Workers might be glad about prosperity and progress overall even if they feel a bit less satisfied in their work.
- This is too strong. Workers might welcome the increased wealth that comes from technology even if they feel less satisfied about their work.
- CORRECT. Technology reduces the need for workers’ skills and so they will feel less satisfied.
- We don’t know this is true. There could be many new jobs, but the jobs might not require much skill from workers.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions