DISCUSSION: This questions asks which answer choice we’re able to answer using the passage. This question type gives no guidance for which information will be relevant. You have to consider each answer choice with the whole passage in mind.
However, the question says the passage has information that allows you to answer the question in the right answer. So when you choose an answer, you should be able to check the passage to answer the question.
- Lines 45-46 mention Vergil and Homer. Those lines don’t say if any copies on parchment survived. Parchment was mentioned separately, on line 12.
- We have no idea why acidic paper degrades. It was only mentioned in passing on lines 14-15.
- CORRECT. Lines 27-29 say that optical storage disks were cutting edge in the 1980s.
- Lines 9-11 say the tablets still exist, but we don’t know how many survive.
- Lines 49-53 mention Plato. They don’t say how he originally wrote his works.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly