QUESTION TEXT: Mayor: To keep our neighborhoods clean, every…
QUESTION TYPE: Must be True
- All neighborhoods will be cleaned at least once a month.
- If a neighborhood needs more sweeping, then it will be eligible for interim sweeps.
- Any eligible interim sweep requests will be met right away.
ANALYSIS: This question is pretty straightforward. But there are a few potential points of confusion.
- The first sentence strongly implies that there is a fixed monthly cleaning that happens in every neighborhood, regardless of additional requests. “Interim” also implies this: it means “in between”, as in “in between regular sweepings”.
- Any qualified neighborhood can get more sweepings. But that doesn’t mean that only qualified neighborhoods get more sweepings. There might be other reasons a neighborhood could be granted an additional sweeping.
So every neighborhood has one regular sweeping. If they’re qualified, they get as many interim sweepings as they want. And the stimulus didn’t exclude the possibility that neighborhoods can get extra sweepings even if they aren’t qualified.
- Not true. The stimulus mentions construction that leaves dirt. Construction might not qualify a neighborhood if there is no dirt.
- Not so. The stimulus said that qualified neighborhoods will get additional sweepings if they request them. If there’s no request, qualified neighborhoods might only be swept once.
- Not true. Qualification is one justification for getting an additional sweeping, but there could be other reasons for multiple sweepings.
- CORRECT. This is true. Every neighborhood gets a regular monthly sweeping. And qualified neighborhoods will get a second, interim sweep immediately if they request one.
- This is almost exactly the same as answer C. They can’t both be right. This is wrong because the stimulus didn’t say that only qualified neighborhoods can get extra sweepings.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions