QUESTION TEXT: The passage provides information that is most…
DISCUSSION: On this type of question, you should actually be able to point to a specific line that helps answer the question. If you can’t, you’re probably guessing.
- CORRECT. Lines 50-52 go into more detail about this. Legal video records allow the Kayapo to have legally binding records of their transactions with the Brazilian government.
It’s implied that these records will help hold the Brazilian government to its agreements. That’s what binding means.
- We don’t know. The passage doesn’t say where the term comes from.
- This would be a long list. There are a lot of indigenous cultures. Who knows how many have not yet adopted video. This certainly isn’t in the passage.
- Line 35 mentions western objects dating back to the 15th century. But the passage doesn’t say which objects.
- Lines 6-8 say inexpensive video equipment is available, but the passage doesn’t say why. I expect the answer would be complicated and have to do with technical development, efficient resource extraction, industrial methods, and global shipping.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly