QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
CONCLUSION: At the end of a century, people will look back on the events of the century.
REASONING: Centuries are like lives. At the end of their lives, people look back on the events of their lives.
ANALYSIS: This is an analogy. An analogy compares two similar situations. So you have to make centuries match lives. So we should look for:
- End of a century
- Looking back on the events of that century.
- This is about lives. But to complete the analogy we need to talk about centuries.
- Same as A. To complete the analogy we must talk about what people will do at the end of a century.
- People look back at the end of their lives. To match, people must look back at the end of a century, not forward.
- CORRECT. This matches. History of the century = events of a life. They’re close matches, because history is really just events.
- Not so. Because in the original life example, the author didn’t say people think about how they could have avoided unfortunate events in their lives.
Want advanced LR strategies? → Try the LR Mastery Seminar
Graeme shows how 170+ scorers do LR in real time. Satisfaction guaranteed!