QUESTION TEXT: If you have no keyboarding skills at…
QUESTION TYPE: Must be True
- If you have no keyboarding skills then you can’t use a computer.
- If you can’t use a computer then you can’t write your essay on a word-processing program.
ANALYSIS: The contrapositive is: If you can write your essay on a word-processing program then you can use a computer and you must have computer skills.
Stick to the contrapositive and you won’t go wrong.
Here are the statements in diagram form:
No Keyboarding ➞ can’t use computer ➞ can’t use word processing program
Word processing ➞ can use computer ➞ some keyboarding.
- Not necessarily. Keyboarding skills are just a necessary condition for computer use. You might not have a computer to write with even if you have keyboarding skills.
- This is the reverse of A and also wrong. If you’re locked in jail with no computer then you couldn’t use a word processing program even if you type very well.
- CORRECT. WP ➞ can use computer ➞ some keyboarding.
- Hard to say. Using a computer is just a necessary condition. You might not have access to a word processing program.
- This is the reverse of D, and equally wrong. There could be other reasons you can’t write your essay apart from not being able to use a computer. Maybe you can’t read or write (but can keyboard).
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions