QUESTION TEXT: Rossi: It is undemocratic for people to live under a government…
QUESTION TYPE: Method of Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Rossi says that children should have the right to vote.
REASONING: It is undemocratic for people to live under a government that does not represent their interests. And children sometimes have different interests from their parents.
ANALYSIS: Rossi is making a principled argument.
If you apply a moral principle to a set of facts, that often tells you what to do.
Some of the wrong answers discuss the effects of Rossi’s proposal. It is not really a practical proposal and there is no discussion of how it would work or what effects it would have.
- CORRECT. It appeals to the principle that a democratic government must represent the interests of its citizens.
- Rossi doesn’t even mention an opponent.
- Rossi definitely doesn’t evaluate the consequences of letting children vote.
- Actually, Rossi’s argument is all rationale. There is no description of what her policy would look like.
- No. Rossi is quite consistent.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions