QUESTION TEXT: Leatherbacks, the largest of the sea turtles;…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox
FACTS: Leatherbacks have about the same life expectancy in the wild or in captivity. Yet in captivity they experience a large number of diseases they would never face in the wild.
ANALYSIS: We need to find something that shows a danger in the wild. Or something in captivity that boosts lifespan.
- We’re comparing captive leatherbacks to wild leatherbacks. It doesn’t matter how many diseases affect other animals.
- Same as A. Other animals don’t matter.
- CORRECT. This could explain it. In captivity you will die of disease, but there are no predators. There is less disease in the wild but a shark could eat you. So it all balances out.
- This is bad for leatherbacks, but it doesn’t explain why they nonetheless live quite a long time in unhealthy captivity.
- This is just an interesting fact about leatherbacks. It doesn’t explain anything.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions