QUESTION TEXT: Maria: Thomas Edison was one of the…
QUESTION TYPE: Flawed Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Frank concludes that now you need a formal education if you are going to make contributions to technological advancement.
REASONING: There have been many advances in technology. You now need much more extensive technical knowledge than was needed then.
ANALYSIS: Frank provides no evidence that we need formal education. He only provides evidence that we need technical knowledge. They aren’t necessarily the same thing.
- CORRECT. Technical knowledge can be acquired outside of school.
- This doesn’t matter. Frank didn’t claim it was easy to get the necessary knowledge. He just claimed you did need technical knowledge and implied you needed formal education to get it.
- They both use crucial the same way: very important.
- Frank is talking about the present. This answer choice talks about Edison’s time.
- Frank doesn’t have to. He is arguing that times have changed since Edison’s day.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions