DISCUSSION: You should reread the last paragraph of passage A. It discussed societies that:
- Weren’t agricultural
- Had lots of caries
- Lines 28-31 show that the groups in passage A did eat cariogenic foods.
- CORRECT. The groups in passage A were nonagricultural (line 25). Nonagricultural means they didn’t cultivate foods. Whereas the Ban Chiang groups were agricultural (line 38).
- There are two problems with this. First, passage B doesn’t say that the Ban Chiang groups primarily ate carbohydrates. They had a “varied diet” (line 55). Second, we don’t know that the groups in passage A avoided carbohydrates. In particular, tubers are carbohydrates – tubers are mentioned in line 31.
- “Tooth wear” is only mentioned in lines 44-50. It’s not the same things as caries. In fact, tooth wear can help prevent caries (lines 47-48).
In the last paragraph of passage A, only caries are mentioned.
In other words, this answer is talking about the wrong thing! Tooth wear never occurs in passage A. RC answers do this a lot.
- Line 27 says one of the groups in passage A did eat a highly processed diet.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly