DISCUSSION: As with most RC questions, the wrong answers either have no support from the passage, or they contradict the passage.
If you find wrong answers tempting, you don’t know the passage well enough, and you need to learn to check the passage faster to disprove answers.
- CORRECT. Read lines 47-50. They say that tooth wear from fiber helps prevent decay, but too much fiber exposes pulp and causes decay.
- The passage never says whether agriculture leads to more or less fiber.
- This contradicts lines 47-48. Some fiber can be helpful for health by providing tooth wear.
- Line 46 says fiber removes fissures.
- Nonsense. This answer just takes two unrelated terms from the passage (“sticky carbs” and “fiber”) and combines them. The passage never mentioned a relationship between these terms.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly