QUESTION TEXT: Ditalgame Corporation’s computer video games are subject…
QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen
CONCLUSION: The president thinks sales will increase quite a bit once the games have copy protection.
REASONING: The company’s games are copied illegally. The company will introduce copy protection on its games.
ANALYSIS: There are several ways to strengthen the argument. You could show that the copy protection will work or that at least some pirates will buy the game.
The right answer shows that the copy protection will allow pirates to get a taste of the game, and make them want to buy it.
- This just tells us something about the company’s profits. It doesn’t prove the sales will increase.
- This is just a problem faced by the company. It doesn’t tell us that copy protection will fix the problem.
- CORRECT. This is clever. You can still use a copied version of the game, but it will show you just enough to get you hooked, and then you have to buy it. This could increase sales.
- This has always been true. Only a new factor will cause a substantial increase in sales.
- This doesn’t tell us whether copy protection will cause pirates to buy the games.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions