QUESTION TEXT: Spokesperson: Contrary to what some have claimed,…
QUESTION TYPE: Necessary Assumption
CONCLUSION: The clean city campaign has been a success.
REASONING: There is less trash on the streets than when the campaign started.
ANALYSIS: The argument hasn’t shown that the campaign caused the decrease in trash. Trash might have declined for some other reason.
- CORRECT. The negation of this answer is that the trash was already declining at the same rate before the campaign started. That means the campaign had no effect.
- It doesn’t matter what the critics believe. We only care about what actually happened. The critics’ beliefs could be wrong.
- This could mean that other campaigns were miserable failures, and this campaign was only mildly successful.
- This affects the spokesman’s character. We don’t care about that. We only care if his argument is correct.
- This doesn’t matter. If the campaign was really successful the first week and sort of successful the rest of the time, it would still be an overall success.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions