QUESTION TYPE: Identify The Conclusion
CONCLUSION: The conclusion will likely be that wealth increases carbon dioxide emissions.
REASONING: Money lets us buy things that emit carbon, and countries with recessions emit less carbon.
ANALYSIS: Identify The Conclusion questions are good practice for LR. You should be able to identify the conclusion in all arguments. A couple of tips:
- Look for a sentence that is supported by all the others.
- Often, the first sentence is the conclusion.
In this argument, the second and third sentences give reasons that the first sentence is true.
- This is just a fact about carbon dioxide. You could have removed it and the argument would be the same.
- CORRECT. This rephrases the first sentence.
- This is evidence that supports the conclusion: wealth leads to carbon emissions.
- Same as C.
- This is just a fact mentioned in the second sentence. It supports the conclusion.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly