QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: Corporate executives are public officials.
REASONING: Corporate executives determine lots of important things in free market economies.
ANALYSIS: Terrible argument. It introduces the term ‘public official’ out of the blue. I have no idea what public officials do, or what are necessary conditions for being a public official.
Sure, corporate executives have an important job. But they may fail to meet some requirements of being a public official.
- This strengthens the argument somewhat. Executives are doing the same work that public officials do in other countries.
- CORRECT. This weakens the argument. The main work of executive is not the work of a public official.
- So? I’m sure business executives often get paid the same as some sports stars, but that doesn’t make business executives athletes.
- This shows that executives aren’t omnipotent. It doesn’t tell us whether they are public officials.
- Democrats and Republicans often cooperate, but that doesn’t mean they’re the same.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly