QUESTION TEXT: Editorialist: Drivers with a large number of…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- If you have a large number of demerit points then:
- You should either be sent to jail or,
- Forced to receive driver re-education. Otherwise you would go unpunished.
- You should only be given re-education if you’re likely to become more responsible.
- Unfortunately it’s almost always impossible to make drivers with a large number of demerit points more responsible.
ANALYSIS: This shows that most drivers with a large number of demerit points should be sent to jail. They’re not likely to become more responsible, which means that they shouldn’t be sent to rehab. Jail is the only other option.
- CORRECT. In most cases, yes. This isn’t 100% true but it’s the most supported.
- Unfortunately, most drivers with a large number of demerit points cannot become more responsible drivers.
- The problem is not that the punishment isn’t harsh. The problem is that it probably won’t work.
- Not necessarily. Someone might be a really bad driver and need re-education, even if they haven’t committed a crime.
- We actually know that all drivers with a large number of demerit points likely can’t become responsible whether or not they have a conviction.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions